16 September 2011

Friday Faux Pas w/Special Guest: Electro Granny

This past week was Fashion Week in Montréal. A big part of me felt I should be "covering" the latest trends. But then I realized, I don't give a shit. I mean, I'm more fascinated by the odd, bizzare or aberrant. Don't get me wrong, I love the latest, but to me this is more interesting.

Allow me to introduce you to my resurrected retro grandma.

Here is a perfect example of a woman I came across in Canadian Tire. In a way, she reminded me of my deceased grandma. Mostly because of the way she was yelling at the customer rep to come and help her. But I couldn't help but appreciate the way this peculiar lady put herself together, from multiple hair appliques, all the way down to the lime green polish on her nails.




And there you have it. I actually followed this woman to aisle 53, where she was looking for sand paper. I don't know why I find what society would deem as odd people so fascinating, but I do. I wouldn't put this woman in my list of faux pas. No way. She has got something going on here. She's probably the funkiest, funniest, 65+ year old senior lady I've seen in awhile. 

Now for some Friday Faux Pas


The Wandering Farmer Hipster. 

He picked out the right sweater at his local second hand shop, but made a bad decision in the hat department. I am not sure where his head was at when purchasing this partially chewed straw hat, nor what look he was going for, but it made for good entertainment. kudos, kid!


The Lone Frosted Tip.

There really is nothing like a peroxide disaster. You can never make the exact same mistake twice. And in that sense, it makes it mildly fascinating and somewhat artistic, depending on how you look at it. Otherwise, well, I think you and I both know it looks outright ridiculous. If I were her, I would save face and just cut it off. The hair is dead anyways. No big loss there.


Trailer Trash Boys Reject.

This photo was graciously provided from a reader. What I liked in particular was the angle of this shot. This man seems so big, yet I get the feeling he feels quite small. Is that a mullet or a rat tail? Why not throw some side burns in for good measure, yeah, side burns are cool. I'll put my black beater on to show my muscles (hey, I can see they're developing, so others may, too). Also, my collection of scorpion tattoos are sure to make girls swoon. I'll finish this look off with an alligator tooth on a chain that my grandma gave me. Gold stars all-around!






1 comment: