21 September 2011

The Skinny Little Flea

In recent months I've seemed to have shed more weight than the years it took to put on. I have to admit, I'm over-the-moon happy about my new found size. Although, none of my pants seem to fit anymore. Only leggings. And, seeing as though leggings are getting the old clean sweep this fall, it looks like I'm S.O.L for now. Or at least until I go to Florida in 8 days.

Get rid of the leggings, ladies. Save them for home. Put them in the jogging pants category (it's hard, I know).

It amazes me how much our weight fluctuates over the years. I can remember being a fit, tight, 21 year old, looking at the mirror, enjoying what I saw. But what I remember most about that is thinking to myself, this is it, Kenzie, this is as good and tight as your little body is going to get. And I was right. No big surprise there. I think I weighed about 115 lbs at that time. Not a bad weight. Although, my buttocks and breasts weren't as full as I'd like. Anyways.

From 21 to 25 I started to slowly gain a pound a year. When I reached 120 lbs, I was fairly content. It seemed like a healthy weight. It was from the age of 25 to 29 where I began to see a difference. All of a sudden I developed love handles. Me, love handles? You're kidding me. Ah, well a cushion for the pushin as they say, right? No. No no no. Then began the expansion of my thighs. But with that my bum got plumper and rounder (we're okay with that, aren't we?).


I have to say though, that the last year and a half is when I noticed the biggest difference of all. When I first moved to Montréal, I weighed about 125 lbs. Then, in a year I packed on a hefty 12 pounds. That put me at 137 lbs. And at 5"5 I wasn't feeling too pretty. Mind you I had breasts to boot. And that was fun. Sure was. But my excessive chocolate croissant eating and latte drinking was driving me to obesityville.Something just HAD to give. But what?

Where was my motivation? I couldn't find it anywhere!


To sum it all up, in the past month and a half I have lost 17 whopping pounds. How did you do it? Well, you could say it was a blend of things, relationship changes, increase of exercise, moving to a location that forced me to walk everywhere, and of course, my god send: women's kick boxing. I am so grateful to be sitting here at 120 lbs. Feeling sexier and confident than ever. It's amazing how extra poundage not only weighs down your physical self, but how it greatly impacts your mental and emotional self. I feel so much lighter and happier.

Here are some key things I did to shed the pounds:

  • No bread. And I mean, No bread.
  • No milk. No cheese. No dairy.
  • A shake a day. With berries, bananas, etc.
  • Fruits and veggies. Nuts and grains.
  • The most important tip: CUT YOUR PORTIONS IN HALF.
I'm enjoying my new weight and the wonderful things that come with it. Plus, I feel I'm on the road to being in top form for the snowboard season *gives myself a wee pat on the back*

1 comment: