6 September 2011

The Results: Deep Fried Food Challenge at The Ex

I knew ahead of time that I'd have to be strategic about what I ingested prior to this challenge. I went out for brunch that day with friends and opted for the yogurt and homemade granola. I thought this would set a nice base for what was about to literally be shit on by the most gut-wrenching, unhealthy food imaginable. For the most part, I think it worked. And, it turns out that the challenger I was up against, Trav, had the exact same thing for breakfast.
This is great. We're off to an equal start. Things are looking good.

Let us begin on this fun food adventure.

We started with a classic: the doughnut with cinnamon sugar. 



These little guys were quite tasty, although a bit on the doughy side. All in all, a good start. But 18 doughnuts later and you're pretty sick of them. Now for something salty...

The Classic Pogo Stick drenched with your selection of condiments



Things need to start getting a little dirty. We're just skimming the top. We decided to take a stroll to the food building. The Ex is freaking huge. It's un-believable. From a dog show, to a global market of the most amazing, inexpensive items, to a human cannonball demonstration. Everywhere you turned there was something or someone to look at. It was complete sensory overload. We then began a hunt for Deep Fried Butter but Trav came across this:

Scrumptious Deep Fried Macaroni & Cheese with Cheese curds. And a selection of dipping sauce for extra finger-licking goodness.


I was craving something more sweet, so I opted for:

The Deep Fried S'more. 
Gimme, gimme, gimme S'more. S'mooo good.


After a short, yet big rainstorm, we came across Mr. Dave Smith Jr., son of Super Dave. He was about to do a human cannonball stunt, so we stopped to watch. It was very entertaining, to say the least. He shot 75 feet up in the air and landed on a net. It was awesome.


The hunt for Deep Fried Butter continued. Even though we were pretty exhausted of eating solely Deep Fried foods, we knew it needed to be done (or at least I did, I'm not so sure about Trav). Anyways, we found the Deep Fried balls of fat on our way out. I didn't know what to expect. And although they are presented in a very delicious and tempting manner, don't be fooled! They are just god-awful disgusting. I don't even know how else to describe them. 

Deceiving to be delectable balls of Deep Fried batter filled with yet more Greasy instant Fat creating Disgustingness.

Sprinkled with Icing Sugar and a choice of Toppings.


Little did I know to take cover when I bit into this little ball. This should help depict exactly what happened. I warn you, they are not pretty at all. And I am certainly not proud. 

But hey, I have to share it. 
Grossed out?



I don't think I need to say anymore about that.


So, to sum it all up, I lost the challenge. After that first ball, I just couldn't do it anymore. I was on the verge of vomiting. I felt like I was hungover without even drinking a single drop. It was just awful. I ended up in a food induced coma. The rest of the night was a complete write-off. But hey, I had a great time. And it was all worthwhile. What a perfect way to end off a fantastic summer. 

3 comments:

  1. We went on Saturday and I kept an eye out for you.

    No deep fried food for us, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ya? there was a sea of people on Saturday. but a good sea. sometimes crowds can be annoying- but for some reason i wasn't bothered at all...

    ReplyDelete