9 April 2011

Teeny weeny cheap bikinis

Its taken me 1.5 years to earn 15 days of vacation. Initially I had planned a trip to Whistler, B.C as my getaway, but in recent months I've decided to change that. You see, my parents bought a three bedroom condo in Fort Myers, FLA. Situated in a gated community, Bonita Bay is a true gem of a place in the land of cotton heads. Now, I have to admit, I've always sort of turned my nose up towards the idea of going to Florida. But, during my recent trip there a few months ago, I uncovered a whole lot of goodness. Let's start this off with my favourite three syllable word: Miramar. Miramar is the ultimate outlet of all outlets. Miramar is hours upon hours of enjoyment. I could spend a half day ALONE at the SAKS FIFTH outlet. The sales and stores are incredible. The layout is perfect. And, quite honestly it has changed my entire view on shopping. Just when I'm about to buy something here in Montreal, I stop and think: Can this wait until Florida (meaning, can this way until Miramar?). http://www.miromaroutlets.com

There are, of course, more reasons why Florida is so great than just Miramar: The shopping is to-die-for, the food is sinfully good (and cheap!), there are plenty of activities and the weather is always nice. I have to say, I won't deny that there was this little part of me that was thinking about ways I could work there, perhaps try and get transferred or be a servant to the retired community. This 29 year old little flea was wanting a piece of that delectable tropical pie seemingly reserved for the wrinkly's. 

I'm going to end this on a happy note. My love for bikini's. Every spring the need for a new bathing suit starts to creep up on my list of clothes-to-buy. And, the last thing I want to do is spend a lot of money on those teeny weeny pieces of clothing (if you can call it that). I have recently discovered a great place to buy a decently made inexpensive bikini: Ardene. I know, you're thinking, what? The place that sells crappy earrings and accessories. Yes, THAT place. They actually have a wall of cute, stylish bathing suits. I bought mine for $20. Top and bottom. It doesn't get any better than that, does it? I went online and unfortunately I couldn't find the one that I bought, but here's one that I almost bought (and yes, it's $20, too!)



1 comment: