4 May 2011

Crazy nail Craze

Lately I've noticed a reoccurring trend in magazines and on the runway: the crazy nail craze. And I have to admit I've been very tempted to get polka dots, palm tree's and even shiny jewels applied to my nails. I decided that while I was in Florida, I would try something out. And I did. And boy does it look ridiculous. 






Before I continue, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. My boyfriend has a bit of a nail biting problem. I told him if he doesn't bite his nails for a week I would treat him to a pedicure and manicure. So, this morning, a week later, he rolls over and says to me "Let's eat and then go get our nails done" - I'm pretty sure this is the best thing I've ever heard out of his mouth. Off we went to Coconut Point to get mani pedi's side by side. I could tell he was enjoying every moment. It also helped that we were sitting in gigantic massage chairs. 


The lady asked me to pick out my colour. I didn't want just a regular old colour. I wanted something CRAZY. Something like what I've been seeing in the magazines. And there I saw it, an ad caught my eye "The Crackle" - this special kind of polish that makes your nails look cracked. I thought it looked funky, and decided it was appropriate while I was on vacation. So, I picked the turquoise and black mix that was suggested in the ad. But after a few minutes, I changed my mind. Perhaps pink would be better? Yes, pink and white. 


This is where it all went wrong. 
I seem to never learn that you should always go with your initial gut feeling.
Well, anyways, here's the result:




My boyfriend told me they looked like Vampire nails. And I have to agree with him. 
I'm not closed to the idea of crazy nails, but I'll proceed with caution moving forward.


In other news, I haven't washed my hair since Monday. Well, with shampoo, that is. My poor boyfriend, first I decide to use tea tree oil instead of deodorant, and now I'm going on a shampoo-less diet. I wonder how long he will keep me around? Anyways, I will post and document the whole hair process once complete. Let's just say I'm wearing a hat as I type...

2 comments:

  1. I got the black crackle/shatter and wear it with beige underneath. It kind of looks like leopard. But cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm. i need to see this. i totally did the wrong combo of crackle. eff.

    ReplyDelete